UGO distinguishes the Organizations that:
- invest at least 5% of their added value in basic or applied research activities;
- if necessary apply a "precautionary principle" in the introduction of innovative products which characteristics, on the basis on the current knowledge, could be harmful both to the health and to the safeguard of people and environment;
- if interested on precautionary principle, they invest at least 1% of their invoice in research activities aimed to eliminate the possible damages and to anticipate the adoption of preventive measures in respect to the effective risks;
- finalize their own business and their own designing capabilities towards innovations that allow the maximisation of the value and of the quality of life of the stakeholders;
- compete stressing on value increment rather than on cost reduction.